The LACRO ICT4D Technical Advisor provides technical advice and support to a range of program design and implementation issues in the area of ICT4D, with a focus on building ICT4D capacity and supporting the successful and appropriate implementation of ICT4D solutions. The Advisor is a leader within the ICT4D community at CRS and actively promotes the responsible and impactful use of technology to advance the delivery of high-quality programming to the poor and vulnerable. Their advice, knowledge, and support contribute to determining how effective, adaptive, and innovative CRS’s use of ICT4D enables our programs to be.
Roles and Key Responsibilities:
- Support the development and contribute to the implementation of agency-wide strategies, standards, tools and best practices in ICT4D that enable the responsible and impactful use of technology for increased program quality. Help ensure the agency’s ICT4D technology portfolio continues to meet evolving business needs.
- Provide technical advice and support to regional and CP teams, remotely and on-site, for strategic planning and how to best apply ICT4D solutions, standards, and best practices, helping to ensure high-quality implementation. Assist country programs in deploying ICT4D solutions and with ICT4D vendor selection and management.
- Contribute to embedding ICT4D in the technical design for proposals. Support the process of preparation, design, submission and approval of project concepts and full-fledged proposals.
- Lead capacity strengthening initiatives in ICT4D for staff and partners through helping develop learning and training strategies and agendas/curriculums, trainings and workshops, and coaching.
- Collect and analyze program data, capture and share lessons learned and best practices for specific projects to facilitate improvements in decision-making and contribute to the ICT4D learning agenda.
- Contribute to maintaining relationships with donors, peer organizations, research and other institutions, participate in forums in the area of ICT4D, including the ICT4D Conference, to collect and share best practices and promote CRS’ work.
- Co-lead CRS’s ICT4D Community of Practice Through active engagement with key stakeholders across the agency and within specific focus areas
Education and Experience
- Master’s degree in ICT related field or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in software system development and deployment.
- Demonstrable experience building digital skills and capacity of both technical and non-technical audiences
- Demonstrable experience of leveraging digital technologies in international development, humanitarian and/or low resource contexts
- Significant experience in deploying technology solutions (3 years) that support project activities in international aid and development.
- Extensive experience using digital technologies in support of relief and development efforts. Understanding of administration of devices and ability to assess devices for applicability to project needs.
- Expertise with using and configuring currently used CRS technologies (CommCare, PowerBI, ArcGIS online, Red Rose, DHIS2). Experience with DHIS 2 Tracker a plus. Ability to quickly pick up knowledge and expertise on other solutions
- Understanding of the software development lifecycle
- Experience with human-centered design (HCD) approaches
- Experience with strategy development
- Basic understanding of monitoring and evaluation concepts
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong relationship management skills with the ability to influence and get buy-in from people not under direct supervision and to work with individuals in diverse geographical and cultural settings
- Good strategic, analytical, human-centered problem-solving and systems thinking skills with capacity to see the big picture and ability to make sound judgment for improved engagements and enhanced product adoption
- Able to effectively communicate complex technical processes, systems, risks and opportunities to non-technical audiences
- Presentation, facilitation, training, mentoring, and coaching skills
- Proactive, resourceful and results-oriented
Required Languages – Must be fluent in written and spoken English and Spanish, working knowledge of French is highly desired.
Travel – Must be willing and able to travel up to 40%, including to resource poor locations.
How to apply
Interested applicants: Send your Letter of Interest and updated resume to CRS LACRO Recruitment at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org with the name of the vacancy “LACRO ICT4D Advisor II” in the subject line no later than July 28th, 2022. NOTE: ONLY FINALISTS WILL BE CONTACTED.