SOUTH LAKE TAHOE, Calif. The Tahoe Coalition for the Homeless (TCH) is requesting proposals for its Bear’s Den rehabilitation project. The motel, located at 2250 Lake Tahoe Blvd, South Lake Tahoe, was purchased by TCH along with two other motels with Project Homekey funds at the beginning of 2021.
The Bear’s Den is in need of an electrical panel replacement and wired
smoke/CO detector installation.
TCH is publicizing this Request for Proposal (RFP) to solicit proposals for an electrical upgrade, combination smoke and carbon monoxide detector/alarm, and installation at its 2244/2250 Lake Tahoe Blvd property.
TCH is seeking proposals from qualified, knowledgeable, and experienced electrical companies to remove old wiring and install new electrical panels and wiring in accordance with the latest National Electrical Codes (NEC). This also includes the combination smoke and carbon monoxide alarms that are both hardwired and tamperproof. Wiring shall be permanent and without a disconnecting switch other than those required for overcurrent protection. Combination units shall be in accordance with California Residential Code §R314.5 Combination Alarms alarms in the R-2.2 dwellings shall receive their primary power from the building wiring and shall be equipped with a battery backup. Locations of placement shall be in accordance with California Residential Code §R314.3.3 Specific Location Requirements.
The property includes 19 studios, 4 one-bedrooms, 1 two-bedroom, commercial
laundry room, commercial kitchen, and small restaurant space, and 4 storage
● Rewiring of all units
● Install one new main panel and three subpanels.
● Demo old circuits to allow updated wire in units
● Each unit will have a minimum of 60 amps
● Install three new circuits per room
— One for general and lighting and two dedicated
–Outlets – Adding a switch in every living room and one surface mount light
–Adding a switch in every bathroom and one surface mount light
● Adding a vent fan and humidistat in every bathroom
● GFI to be installed in bathrooms and kitchen spaces with proper grounding
● Adding a time clock and rewiring sconces outside of the rooms
● Hardwired combination smoke and carbon monoxide detector/alarm (a total of 36 combination units)
● Electrical Permit with City of South Lake Tahoe All work will meet the NEC code requirements
Anticipated Schedule of Activities
Submit Proposal: July 27, 2022
Open Sealed Proposal: July 29, 2022
Evaluation of Proposals and Short Listing of Firms: July 29, 2022
Interview Short-Listed Firms: August 1, 2022
Select Firm: August 2, 2022
Issue Notice of Award/Sign Contracts: August 2, 2022
For further information please visit: https://tahoehomeless.org/rfp-projects/
Send proposals to firstname.lastname@example.org