About the role
Job Title: Risk Communication and Demand Generation Expert
Location: Juba, South Sudan
Start date: 1st September 2022
End date: 31st March 2023*
LOE (#days): FTE
*Subject to review
Crown Agents is preparing to bid for the anticipated UNICEF-supported RFP for the “Implementation of National Vaccine Campaigns in South Sudan” and is currently seeking a Team Leader/EPI Technical Specialist who will provide strategic, technical, and managerial oversight of the programme.
The Covid-19 vaccines are separately through 735 fixed health facilities, 251 mobile teams, 470 outreach teams, and Covid-19 intensification activities supported by Ministry of Health partners. Almost 10% of the population have now been vaccinated.
Despite progress, change is slow and a move from business as usual to new strategies is needed to move the country closer to its targets of having 40% coverage in the short term and eventually meeting the long-term target of 70% coverage of fully immunised eligible people. To do this, two national campaigns (one in September and one in January 2023) are being planned to cover the 77 counties and 3 administrative states.
Based from the Crown Agent’s South Sudan office in Juba, the Risk Communication and Demand Generation Expert will lead the design and implementation of successful risk communication and demand generation activities to happen prior to the start of the individual campaigns as well as acting as the focal person for coordination with the RCCE cluster and other key stakeholders in the country.
Specific responsibilities of the Risk Communication and Demand Generation Expert Include:
- Conduct rapid desk reviews of available data and support primary research on key behavioural-related issues and bottlenecks to promote a better understanding of the Covid-19 vaccination.
- Support rapid assessments of communities, community mobilisers, health care workers knowledge, behaviour, attitude and practice for COVAX
- Draft a strategy for COVAX demand generation and then reassess and course correct during implementation and between the two campaigns to maximise effect.
- Oversee demand generation budget and work plan including any development of materials and messages
- Create lessons learning briefs to advocate various key stakeholders, especially government in order to assist in their decision makings and ultimately achieve buy-in and collaboration
- Coordinate work with key stakeholders including but not limited to implementing partners, SMOH, CHD, UN entities
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- Masters degree in communications, social sciences or related field or Bachelors in above areas with at least 10 years of experience in the social/development sector
- At least 7 years experience working on SBC campaigns with a strong preference on vaccination campaigns
- Experience working on maternal and child health, immunisation and nutrition
- Proven strong experience working in a complex humanitarian context with preferred South Sudan experience
- Excellent team work sills (self-starter an asset)
- High command of written and verbal English
- National candidates are encouraged to apply
You’ll be working with Crown Agents which is a high impact social enterprise passionate about transforming the future for millions of people. Since our creation in 1833 we have worked across the globe to improve public services and drive economic growth. Our expertise is finding new solutions to difficult problems for clients in the areas of health, governance, economic growth, humanitarian action and supply chain services. We work with and train leaders at local, national and international level to achieve lasting change drawing on our insight and experience.
About what’s on offer
Crown Agents offers a competitive benefits package.
How to apply
Job Details | Crown Agents