Background: The USAID/Zambia Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Platform (Z-MELP) Activity, implemented by SoCha LLC, began working on June 8, 2020, and will continue until June 7, 2025. The purpose of Z-MELP is to improve program performance management and efficiency at all levels, to help the Mission meet Agency requirements, make improved informed strategic and management decisions around program implementation, and advance agency learning. In addition, Z-MELP will provide the Mission access to technical and advisory services to design and carry out specialized multiple, third-party monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MEL) tasks, including practices, processes, and requirements that support Program Cycle implementation . Furthermore, through Z-MELP, the Mission will achieve efficient MEL functions to enhance data-driven decision-making and strategic steering of the Mission’s Country Strategy.
Scope of work: Z-MELP is looking to recruit a Knowledge Management and Communication Specialist. The assignment will primarily support the Mission’s Health Office, but with support to other USAID/Zambia technical offices possibly being requested on a case-by-case basis. The assignment is estimated with an approximate level of effort of a maximum of 20 hours/week for at least 18 months, though with the possibility of the position being made full-time depending on candidate profile and budget availability.
The position will cover the non-exhaustive following deliverables:
- Create a COVID-19 database or folder that is routinely updated with data, budget, information, reports, and other topline information.
- Establish a monthly cable to Washington DC to report progress on COVID-19.
- Set up a monthly newsletter or other public tools that inform key stakeholders on USAID’s strategy and actions to fight COVID-19.
- Routinely review and synthesize implementing partner’s COVID reports, Ministry of Health documents, and other documents.
- Work with the Development Outreach and Communication (DOC) team to plan key site visits and Public Relations events that disseminate the Office’s COVID-19-related activities.
- Provide input/help draft health team’s COVID weekly updates on the COVID-19 rates, programming, successes, and challenges.
- Provide knowledge management and communications support to USAID/Zambia’s other technical offices, as requested and on a range of prospective topics.
Minimum qualifications and experience:
- Advanced degree (or an additional 5 years of work experience in lieu of a Masters) in a communication and knowledge management relevant discipline.
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in communications and knowledge management in international development, USAID and health sector experience strongly preferred.
- Familiarity with monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MEL) approaches and information management systems.
- Demonstrated ability to work with teams to produce written products and media, adhering to deadlines and short turn-around times.
- Excellent writing skills, data visualization skills an asset.
- Applicants already based in Zambia preferred.
Location: Z-MELP office, Lusaka, Zambia.
How to apply
To apply, please upload your CV via the following link: https://jobs.socha.net/knowledge-management-communication-specialist-zambia-20-07-2022/ Applications close on August 5, 2022, but a suitable candidate may be selected prior to this date.