POSITION BASED IN ANY MSF-OCBA HUB SUBJECTED TO FEASIBILITIES
Médecins Sans Frontières is an international independent medical-humanitarian organization, which offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination and irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
MSF is a civil society initiative that brings together individuals committed to the assistance of other human beings in crisis. As such MSF is by choice an association. Each individual working with MSF does it out of conviction and is ready to uphold the values and principles of MSF.
The MSF movement is built around five operational directorates supported by MSF’s 21 sections, 24 associations and other offices together worldwide. MSF OCBA is one of those directorates. The operations are implemented by field teams and the mission coordination teams; together with the organizational units based in Barcelona, Athens and decentralised in Nairobi, Dakar and Amman. The field operations are guided and supported by 5 Operational Cells, the Emergency Unit and other departments supporting operations.
Simulation is the science and methodology of creating a realistic situation or environments similar to reality, to provoke experiences that allow persons, in a controlled and safe space, to practice, learn, reflect, design, test or to gain understanding of systems or/and human actions.
Therefore, at MSF we are very interested in using simulation to build competences, but also to reflect on and solve those questions, challenges and problems that we face in our day-to-day work, in order to define new ways of doing things and bring about positive changes at the level of individuals, teams and the organization itself. In order to take advantage of the benefits of this methodology, we are working to integrate simulation into our daily work in the organization at all levels.
Taking in consideration the growing interest in the use of simulation in MSF and the recognized evidence-based benefits of simulation, MSF Field Simulation TIC is continuously working to support the gradual increase in the use of simulation in MSF aiming at positively contribute to the quality of humanitarian medical assistance MSF provides to the population.
This will be done by working in three main areas and pillars:
- Continue capacity building activities, as well as the development of learning solutions to design, organise, facilitate and implement simulation programs following best practices
- Continue to progressively integrate simulation into different identified MSF ecosystems (systems and processes), to contribute to the reflection, improvement and innovation of its medical-humanitarian activities.
- MSF will continue to explore innovative uses of simulation in the field and at headquarters for the benefit of individuals, teams and the organization itself.
PLACEMENT WITHIN THE ORGANISATION
This position will be hierarchically and functionally accountable to Program manager of the TIC Simulation.
In close collaboration and supported by the TIC MSF Field Simulation Program manager the main objective of this position is to develop and implement a communication plan/strategy to promote change management in the use of simulation in MSF.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
Communication strategy and plans:
- Under the guidance of the MSF Field Simulation Program manager develop and implement a communications strategy with adapted content & methodology according to the target audience that ensures:
- maximal awareness of the about the benefit of simulation in and for MSF operations MSF.
- timely and appropriate updates and feedback.
- Design an ambassadors’ strategy.
- Participates in the Data Analytics & Reporting. Compile info and update database.
Communication materials and channels:
- Create and adapt to an audience engaging regular communications material, tools and channels, to update them of the latest MSF Field Simulation deployments/progress activities, results, methods, strategies developed and the benefits of simulations (digital or nondigital: presentations/videos with feedback from the field, graphics, infographics etc.).
- Use different channels to communicate (current newsletters, magazines, Tembo, yammer…) and monitor feedbacks.
- Update the MSF Field Simulation share point/web page with the plans, project updates and activities implemented, outcomes, progress and tools available on simulation.
- Prepare and disseminate messages, packages and activities to all MSF and to specific target audience as needed, including compiling and finalizing relevant materials.
- Participate in the design internal channels where MSF staff can propose ideas on new uses of simulation in MSF.
- Develop visual &engaging learning spaces and material (audiovisual, handouts messages, posters…): to better explain simulation best practices, modalities, and how to implement it.
Engagement and consultation activities:
Under the guidance of the MSF Field Simulation Program manager:
- Organizes engagement sessions with stakeholders in medical, log, HR depts., field teams in each OC, and in other OC’s for MSF Field simulation share the activities, experiences exchange from different projects and benefits of simulation.
- Organize regular engagement communication/sessions to match operations/field teams needs to the benefits of simulation.
- Co-creates workshops, brainstorming session to encourage stakeholders (MSF field & HQ staff) can propose ideas and contribute on the way simulation to better serve the operation’s needs.
- Promotes the MSF Field Simulation learning solutions offered.
- Reinforce the role and the use of the MSF Field Simulation CoP.
- Support rapid and comprehensive responses to queries from MSF colleagues in relation to MSF’s search for simulation information.
- Support the development and organization of consultation tools and sessions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in communication.
- Experience (minimum 3 years) in similar activities.
- Experience in developing audiovisual material, graphics and infographics.
- Experience creating and managing social media accounts and sites.
- MSF experience and in other medical humanitarian organization is desirable.
- Availability to travel (COVID depending) to other OCs and field.
- Level of planning: priority setting for self.
- Communication skills: ability to write effectively for a wide variety of audiences.
- Networking skills & strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Capacity to organise work autonomously, proven time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to work effectively within a geographically dispersed team.
- Behavioral Flexibility, teamwork and Cooperation.
- IT literacy: standard Microsoft office applications. Expertise and knowledge of how to work in a virtual environment, skilled with use of new IT tools and apps, social media, Souk.
- Genuine interest in and commitment to MSF’s Principles.
- commitment to the humanitarian principles of MSF.
- Proficiency in English & French. Spanish, Portuguese and / or Arabic would be an advantage.
- Position based in any MSF-OCBA Hub (Barcelona, MSF-Spain delegations, Amman, Dakar or Nairobi), Paris or Brussels. Final location will be subject to the employability of the preselected candidate (residency, work permit, etc.).
- Full-time work.
- Duration of 14 month with potential extension.
- Contract modality according to local legal framework.
- Annual gross salary: HQ-2C (divided into 12 monthly payments) + secondary benefits based on MSF OCBA Reward Policy. Subjected to local conditions.
- Starting date: ASAP.
How to apply
To apply, please submit your CV and cover letter: https://careers.msf-applications.org/job-invite/6631/
Closing date: August 10th, 2022, 23:59 CET (Central European Time)
MSF is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, race, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. We are committed to achieving a balanced gender distribution and therefore encourage women to apply.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence. MSF provides a work environment that reflects the values of gender equality, teamwork, integrity and a healthy balance of work and life. MSF does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo reference checks.
Médecins Sans Frontieres, as a responsible employer, under article 38 of “Ley de Integración Social del Minusválido de 1982 (LISMI)” invite those persons with a recognized disability and with an interest in the humanitarian area to apply for the above-mentioned position.