Contract: 6 month Fixed Term Internship
Salary: Local Terms and Conditions apply
Purpose of role
Sightsavers has been working in Guinea for over 29 years. Many projects have been implemented successfully without proper communication actions. In order to give more visibility at the country office actions, we are looking for a communications Intern to help us.
The team in Guinea are looking for an energetic, proactive individual to support the GCO’s Neglected Tropical Diseases (NTD) communications activities on a 6 month internship.
This is a great opportunity for someone looking to gain experience within communication and the development sector. The opportunity is a hands-on internship, so passion, enthusiasm and a desire to learn all things communications, media and NTDs is what we are looking for.
This will be a full-time role working 35 hours, Monday to Friday, ideally to start early August 2022. The post-holder reporting to the GCO NTD’s WASH Program Officer.
About the role of Communications Inter
The post-holder will work within the NTD Communications team to support the day to day running of the office. The role will include drafting research picking for communications initiatives, providing communications content and any aspects of Sightvers and NTD communications activity. They will provide excellent administrative support and set up key project meetings related to communication potentials among GCO projects.
Knowledge, skills and experience for Communications Inter, NTD
- We are looking for someone with a tertiary degree in communications and significant interest in the field OR with relevant work experience within the field.
- Good organizational skills to meet reactive workloads and daily and weekly deadlines.
- A pro-active mindset, someone who can think quickly and act accordingly
- A keen learner who is keen to have involvement in all aspects of communications from the research phase right through to developing content.
- A strong digital and content focused interest with a creative flare to work across a range of different platforms.
- Excellent communication and creative skills
- Able to use their own initiative and work independently.
- Fluent English
- Current and ongoing right to work in Guinea
- Experience writing communications materials, using image editing tools and an interest in public health.
The Communications Intern is a highly varied and involved role and the above is not an exhaustive list of duties or required professional skills. Please see the Job Description for full details.
Interviews are likely to take place week commencing 1 August. There will be a two-stage interview process. First stage will be a written task to be conducted at the Country Office in Guinea. Successful candidates will be invited to a second stage face to face interview at the Country Office in Guinea.
How to apply
As an equal opportunity Employer we actively encourages applications from all sections of the community. Sightsavers is a Disability Confident Leader therefore qualified people living with a disability are particularly encouraged to apply
To apply, and for further details about the role, please click on the Apply Here link on our web site and complete your application form. Please ensure you detail all your relevant work experience and complete the form in English.