Share The Article
This summer was with unprecedented travel demand. According to recent data, there is no indication that demand will slow as we transition into fall. Inflation is a concern, and two out of three Americans say they consider cost to be the number one consideration during their trip planning. However, rising costs are not deterring travel.
Americans are strving to make their budget work no matter what this summer and fall as they prioritize travel after two years of pandemic restrictions. Perhaps due to costs, domestic trips are the most popular choice for fall, with 81% of Americans planning to travel within the United States. So where are they headed, and why?
Top 7 US Destinations This Fall
7) Nashville, Tennessee
- Why It’s A Popular Choice: Music reigns supreme in Nashville and is a popular reason for a visit. Great food, endless activities indoors and out, and constant festivals are popular appeals to Music City.
- Average Hotel Cost: $158 per night
- Average Daily Expenses: $138 per person, per day
- Bucket List Idea: Buy yourself a pair of cowboy boots and hit Lower Broadway. You won’t be able to hear the clack of your boots over the live music pouring into the street from all the unique bars and venues, but you’ll feel right at home!
6) Key West, Florida
- Why It’s A Popular Choice: Key West is as Caribbean as you can get while remaining in the continental United States. It is an excellent destination for beautiful beaches, fantastic nightlife, and water sports.
- Average Hotel Cost: $211 per night
- Average Daily Expenses: $441 per person, per day
- Bucket List Idea: Spend the afternoon soaking in the sunshine while snorkeling at the only living barrier reef in the continental United States. Follow it up with a sunset sail on a catamaran with full bar service to see the beauty of the Key without the crowds.
5) Lahaina, Hawaii
- Why It’s A Popular Choice: Located on the island of Maui, Lahaina is a great home base for many adventures, including snorkeling, whale watching, fishing, parasailing, and much more.
- Average Hotel Cost: $240.50 per night
- Average Daily Expenses: $172 per person, per day
- Bucket List Idea: Watch the sunrise from above the clouds at the summit of Haleakalā, a dormant volcano. You’ll have to wake up around 4 am and book a reservation in advance, but the payoff is worth the extra effort!
4) Honolulu, Hawaii
- Why It’s A Popular Choice: The largest city in Hawaii is popular with Americans due to its easy accessibility from the continental states and its variety of activities. Popular activities include learning to surf, going to the beach, and checking out Pearl Harbor.
- Average Hotel Cost: $292 per night
- Average Daily Expenses: $227 per person, per day
- Bucket List Idea: Swim with turtles at Laniakea Beach, affectionately known as Turtle Beach, due to the many Hawaiian Green Sea Turtles that call it home.
3) Orlando, Florida
- Why It’s A Popular Choice: Orlando’s year-round warm weather and world-renowned theme parks keep visitors coming back to this city year after year.
- Average Hotel Cost: $255 per night
- Average Daily Expenses: $255 per person, per day
- Bucket List Idea: If you’ve never been to Disney World, it’s worth a visit at least once! The amount of detail that goes into making the park live up to its world-famous name is incredible and is worth checking out.
2) New York, New York
- Why It’s A Popular Choice: New York is one of the most famous cities in the world and has plenty of things to do for visitors. Endless food options, Broadway plays, and Central Park are popular attractions for visitors.
- Average Hotel Cost: $274 per night
- Average Daily Expenses: $238 per person, per day
- Bucket List Idea: Take a helicopter tour for an incredible view of the Big Apple. Fly close to the statue of liberty for a perspective you won’t get anywhere else.
1) Las Vegas, Nevada
- Why It’s A Popular Choice: The weather in Vegas can be sweltering but is excellent in the winter. This city is one giant playground with plenty to do. Casinos, great shows, and constant festivals and conventions draw people here year-round.
- Average Hotel Cost: $253 per night
- Average Daily Expenses: $246 per person, per day
- Bucket List Idea: Have dinner on the Eiffel Tower! well, not the Eiffel Tower, but a smaller version located in Paris Las Vegas. An excellent view of the Strip 100 feet below awaits dinners in this formal restaurant.
This article originally appeared on Travel Off Path. For the latest breaking news that will affect your next trip, please visit: Traveloffpath.com
↓ Join the community ↓
the Travel Off Path Community FB group has all the latest reopening news, conversations, and Q&A’s happening daily!
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR LATEST POSTS
Enter your email address to subscribe to Travel Off Path’s latest breaking travel news, straight to your inbox
Disclaimer: Current travel rules and restrictions can change without notice. The decision to travel is ultimately your responsibility. Contact your consulate and/or local authorities to confirm your nationality’s entry and/or any changes to travel requirements before traveling. Travel Off Path does not endorse traveling against government advisories