Local students are being encouraged to consider a range of new courses at Monaghan Institute.
Centered around Early Learning and Care, Biomedical Science, Food Science and Nutrition and pre-university courses in education and law, the new 2022 courses add to an already extensive lineup at Monaghan Institute.
For 30 years, it has been offering an ever-expanding range of further education and training courses to learners from the locality and further afield. Courses available include Digital Media & Web Design, Liberal Arts, Computer Software & Games Design, Business & Office Administration, Early Learning & Care, Nursing, Healthcare, Applied Social Studies, Travel & Tourism, Sport & Recreation, Engineering, Animal Science, Beauty Therapy, Hairdressing, plus a suite of very successful Pre-University Programmes.
From September, a range of new courses will also be available:
· The Stage 1 Advanced Certificate in Early Learning and Care, which is the new professional standard award for those wishing to work in the early learning and care setting.
· Biomedical Science with links to PE Teaching, which is a relevant field currently and in greater demand than some sciences. Graduates of this course may also pursue a career as a PE teacher after completing this award.
· Food Science and Nutrition, which is very relevant in the Monaghan region due to continual recruitment drives from food industry leaders such as Monaghan Mushrooms, Lakeland Dairies and Silver Hill foods.
· Pre-University Education and Teaching, a course ideal for both school leavers and experienced mature learners seeking the necessary preparation to progress to degree level studies in the education field.
· Pre-University Law with Business, an opportunity for learners to study several different branches of Law and Business to discover the area that interests them most to pursue at degree level.
The college comes with fully equipped practical rooms, science and IT labs, multi-media laboratories, two hi-spec iMac labs, a hairdressing salon and beauty therapy rooms, as well as a dog grooming parlor, nursing practical room, electrical and engineering workshops .
In addition, there is a library, restaurant, study areas, consulting rooms and general classrooms and lecture halls.
The courses, staff and facilities all work to make Monaghan Institute a first-class facility, which staff and students are delighted to be part of.